Duroxite® 500 is an iron-based steel alloy overlay deposited on a mild steel backing plate. It is designed for a good combination of sliding wear and high impact applications for both dry and wet (slurry) abrasive environments. It works well at ambient or elevated temperatures up to 1100 °F (600 °C). The product is available in single and double layers.
- Duroxite® 500 is mainly designed to withstand the applications involving abrasion wear and high impact.
- Duroxite® 500 overlay contains ultra-fine complex borocarbides which is 200 times finer comparing with primary carbides in traditional chromium carbide overlay (Duroxite® 100).
- The wear resistance of Duroxite® 500 is very similar to that of Duroxite® 100 with the weight loss in ASTM G65-procedure A, 0.18g maximum. Duroxite® 500 also maintains a consistent wear resistance from surface down to 75% of the overlay.
- The impact resistance of Duroxite® 500 is six times better than that of Duroxite® 100 in the lab test.
- Has uniform through-thickness hardness of 67 to 70 HRC for single and multiple-layer overlay. Maintains a high hardness of approximately 60 HRC after exposure to high temperatures up to 1100 °F (600 °C).